Arza Garlinghouse, 52, relocated in Lewiston, Idaho in 1903 and opened Lewiston Marble and Granite Works. Arza grew up in Kansas and was taught to be a stonecutter by his father, who had learned the trade prior to the Civil War. The business has been located on Lewiston’s main street ever since, although it has moved several times. The business has been passed down from Arza to his son Arthur, to his son Richard, and finally to his son Jac. The business moved to its current location in 1945 and changed its name to Garlinghouse Memorials. Richard’s wife Eldora, also worked in the business for over 50 years. In 1988 both Dick and son Jac, died, Eldora soon retired and in 1991 the business was sold to Kay and Gary Stilson. They have continued the Garlinghouse tradition of excellence in quality, doing all work locally and putting the customer first.
Gary and Kay Stilson have been creating gravestones for over 32 years and Kay is a Certified Memorialist, a recognized earned designation of the Monument Builders of North America. They are knowledgeable in all aspects of cemetery work, onsite engraving, monument installation, restoration and cleaning.
© Garlinghouse Memorials 2011 - | Site by Lunarstarr Designs